On 20 may
2014 I went to Londen with school. We had to gather at the Energiehuis at 6:30
in the morning. I woke at 5:30, after packing my stuff, showering and breakfast
my father drove me to the Energiehuis. We were one of the first people to
arrive. After five minutes my friends arrived and my father left. At seven
o’clock the bus arrived, we put our stuff in the luggage compartment. We took a
sit, and I was sitting next to my friend Tom. I was wearing short pants and
everyone said that it would be cold in London and it was stupid to wear short
pants. But after two hours of driving it became very hot inside the bus. And
everyone regretted that they were wearing long pants. after a few hours of driving
we took a stop in a gas station. We bought some food and went to the toilet. Me
and my friends went outside and sat down next to a little lake. After a few
minutes we returned to the bus and continued the trip. A few hours later we
arrived at the train. We drove inside the train and went through a tunnel to
England. After we left the train, we drove a few more hours until we arrived in
London. In London we took the touristic route to our hostel. We drove over the
tower bridge and saw some beautiful buildings. At the hostel we unpacked the
bus and got a key to our rooms. I was on a room of eight. Afterwards we went to
Westminster abbey and had dinner in a pub. After dinner we went to bed.
The next
day we wanted to wake up at seven o’clock. But my friend Maarten hadn’t changed
his clock to the English time so we woke up at six o’clock. We only noticed
this after we had showered. We had breakfast at 7:30, an afterwards we got
lunch in a supermarket next to the hostel. We went to two museums and to the
Shakespeare theatre. Afterwards we had dinner in a pub. After dinner we did a
Jack the Ripper tour. We divided the group in two, each group had his own
guide. We walked to several places where events in the time of Jack the Ripper
occurred. We had a very good guide, he was able to drag you in the story and he
made many jokes. He also scared the crap out of us twice. The first time he
went around the corner and randomly turn back and screamed. And the second time
he was standing in front of an iron fence, he slammed the fence and we all were
terrified. When we reassembled with the rest of the group, we returned to the hostel.
The next
day we woke up at seven o’clock. I took a shower and had breakfast. Afterwards
my friends and I went to the supermarket to get lunch. I bought some bread and
chicken. When we gathered with the rest of the group we went to the tower. In
the Tower we saw some awesome pieces of war equipment and we saw the Crown Jewels.
After the Tower, we had five hours of free time. Maarten, Robert and I wanted
to go to the imperial war museum. We decided to meet with our other friends at
Oxford Street after three hours. First we went back to the hostel because
Maarten and Robert had forgotten their phones. Afterwards we went to the imperial
war museum. The imperial war museum is situated on the outside of London. In
total the trip to the museum took us two hours. When we arrived we walked
towards the museum and saw that it was closed. We were incredibly pissed that
we travelled two hours in vain. We decided to eat our lunch on a bench in front
of the museum. The chicken was delicious and after lunch we went to Oxford
Street to meet with our friends. By the time they arrived it started raining.
We ran inside a Mc Donald’s, the rain was very dirty and it hurt in our eyes.
After the rain had stopped we went outside. Maarten, Tom and I went to the St Pauls
Church. Sadly you had to pay seven and a half pounds to go inside. Afterwards
we went to Leicester Square to meet with the rest of the group. When the entire
group had arrived we went to a pub for dinner. We ate fish and chips but I
wasn’t very hungry because I had a lot of chicken for lunch. After dinner we
went to the musical Wicked. We sat in front of some eighteen year old girls who
were very annoying. They threw all kinds of stuff towards us and were making a
lot of noise. However I really liked the musical. After the musical we went
back to the metro station but seven of us were still inside the theatre because
they had to go to the toilet. They decided to go by themselves to the hostel.
We had waited for fifteen minutes on them when they called that they had left.
So we returned to the hostel as well. When we arrived at the hostel we packed
our stuff. I stayed up almost all night and it was a lot of fun.
The next
morning I woke up at six in the morning. I took a shower and had breakfast.
After breakfast we got lunch in the supermarket. When we gathered with the rest
of the group, some people where very late. Our teachers decided that we were
not going to the market where we were supposed to go. So we had one hour and a
half of free time. We walked to the Westfield shopping mall and ate our lunch
in a little park. Afterwards we put our stuff in the bus and we went back to
the Netherlands. The trip back was a lot more fun because it wasn’t as bad as
the first trip. We arrived around ten o’clock. My father picked me up and when
I came back home I immediately went to sleep.
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten